With winter fast approaching, it’s time to think about heating your home. Whether you’re reigniting the gas burner or setting your kindling alight, there are two top priorities to consider: safety and efficiency.
Gas and wood heaters have long been viewed as the heating heroes of our homes, however, these seemingly harmless home heaters can also be dangerous carbon monoxide machines. When you’re warm and toasty inside, it’s easy to relish the flickering flame and forget about the risk. As winter rounds the bend, staying cosy could cost you a lot more than you bargained for. Carbon monoxide is insidious; a colourless, odorless and tasteless gas, it can easily go unnoticed. Tiredness, shortness of breath, headaches, dizziness, nausea, weakness, confusion and chest pain can all be symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning. The harsh fact is that by the time you detect it, you could have already lost consciousness. If you suspect you or someone may be overcome with fumes – turn the heater off and go outside.
Considering how preventable carbon monoxide poisoning is, it’s time to consider that servicing your gas heater is not enough. Don’t risk the rise of carbon monoxide – heave your old heater in favour of a safer alternative. Revolutionary Space Heaters and Wall Furnace Space Heaters counter the cold at the source. Instead of heating your whole home, they warm up selected areas which is more economical and comes with priceless peace-of-mind.
Sleek and streamlined, these home highly efficient Space Heaters will keep your electricity bills down and your comfort catered for. They run off natural or propane gas but unlike room heaters, the combustion gasses are vented to the atmosphere, not circulated internally. With low carbon emission and energy consumption, they’re an environmentally friendly, consistently quiet and trustworthy heat source.