Blocked stormwater drains pose great risk to many homes all year round, but even more so during periods of excessive rain. The guttering in your home and stormwater drainage points around your front and back yards are all important parts of your community’s stormwater management system. Blocked stormwater drains are a common issue, particularly during prolonged periods of rain in many suburbs around Sydney, Melbourne and Adelaide.
Why is My Stormwater Drain Blocked?
The most common reasons of blocked stormwater drain are mud, dirt, leaves, tree roots and silt. These all enter your pipe work and interrupt the water flow. Due to the nature of the stormwater system, unblocking stormwater drains is not always a quick, simple DIY. It is a task that should be carried out by a licensed professional.
How Can I Minimise the Damage?
There are a few precautionary actions that you can take as a responsible homeowner to help prevent or at least minimise damage to your stormwater drains. Carrying out these steps will help keep your outdoor drains as clear as possible, giving you the greatest chance at preventing a blockage. Our biggest tip is consistency, it is much more effective to carry out these tasks regularly as opposed to once and then not again for the next year.
- You should regularly remove leaves, sticks and dirt from around your gutters and downpipes- we recommend doing this monthly.
- Check your downpipes, small blockages can sometimes be flushed out with your garden hose before they become a bigger issue.
- Consider installing gutter guards to help prevent any leaves or sticks from entering the water way.
- Guards can also be installed onto stormwater grates to stop soil and debris from entering those drains, this is another great preventative measure.
- If you find any blockage that you can’t fix, slow draining pits or water starting to pool around your drains, call a licensed plumber immediately. It is always best to have stormwater drains unblocked sooner rather than later- this can save you both time and money.
How We Can Help in Blocked Stormwater Drain Cleaning?
Service Today can help you in three different ways when it comes to a blocked stormwater drain. If you’re not feeling up to tackling the list above on your own, our stormwater drain cleaning plumbers can help you out! Let us take care of the drains for you! Another great way to utilise a plumber is to have regular water jetting carried out to clear any debris that has started to settle in your drains, this way you don’t give it a chance to build up to a full blockage.
Finally, if you do get stuck and can’t find solutions for blocked stormwater drain, our plumbers can help you resolve the issue. We offer upfront, fixed pricing and same day service, book online or give us a call on 1300 725 760 to find the right solution for your home.