A burst pipe is the last thing people want, especially after hours. Almost every single person is going to have at least one burst water pipe in their lifetime. However, there are some steps to deal with burst pipe emergency you can do to help contain the problem before calling a plumber. But first, you need to know how to identify if you do in fact have a burst pipe or not.
How to identify a burst pipe?
There are multiple signs to look for when you suspect that you have a burst water pipe, these include:
- There is a pool of water building up in the suspected area;
- You see water spurting out of a wall, or there’s wetness around the area that seems to be getting worse;
- There is a hissing or loud spraying sound in areas or suspected areas of your home where plumbing is installed;
- You notice that you have a higher water bill than usual.
What can you do before calling a plumber?
If you do in fact identify a burst pipe within your home, here are some steps to deal with burst pipe emergency to help contain the problem.
If you have a burst pipe inside or outside your home:
- Turn off the water supply at the water meter as soon as you can. This will shut off the flow of water to your house and stop the leak.
- Contain the affected area by keeping children and pets away from the area.
- Contact your local emergency plumber as soon as you can.
For the best local, emergency plumbing service call Service Today on 1300 859 383. They offer same day service, and operate 24/7 and can assist you with your emergency plumbing problem.
Tips for tenants.
If you are a tenant and you have a pipe burst in your home still action the three steps above. These will help control the issue and minimise the damage to the landlord’s property. Then contact your agent as soon as possible so they can get an emergency plumber out to you straight away.
If you are in need of an emergency plumber
If you are someone living in Australia who is experiencing a burst water pipe please feel free to call Service Today on 1300 859 383 and they will send one of their technicians out to you as soon as possible to help.