There are two styles of gas heaters and they are flue and unflued. Flue option is good if you have a permanent home whereas an unflued or portable gas heater is desirable if you are staying at a rented house or if you don’t want to go through all the hassles. The advantages of both flue and unflued gas heaters are explained underneath. By reading it, you’ll come to know
Where you should use flue heater and where unflued heater can be used.
Advantages of Standard Unflued Gas Heater
- Unflued gas heater renders instantaneous heat and in good measure. Unflued gas heaters are available up to 25 MJ/h (megajoules per hour) capacities, which is equivalent to over 6kW of electric heating.
- They’re portable and handy. You can point them in any direction; easily move them to any room; in summer, you can keep them away in storage and take them along with you when you relocate to a different house. They’re quite resourceful; around 90% of the energy content of the gas is changed into heat. All the models being sold in Australia ought to be certified and carry a competence label (up to 6 stars, with 6 being the best).
- The latest models come with a range of safety features, which switches off the heater if something’s wrong; for instance, an oxygen diminution sensor in case the oxygen level in the room gets too little, flame breakdown protection in case the flame gets eliminated, and a tilt button in case the heater tips over.
- Even though they’re pricier, they’re much cheaper to operate when compared to portable electric heaters.
Advantages of Standard Flue Gas Heater
- If you just want to heat one room or a small part of your home, a flue gas heater is an excellent choice.
- A flue gas heater can be installed onto an external or internal wall, with the flue either passing through the wall or up through the opening. They are also obtainable with a remote control.
- If you’re suffering from asthma or any type of allergies then the flue gas heater is the best choice because flue aids to expel pollutants away onto the outside, leaving a clean and healthy room for you to enjoy.
- The flue heater is recommended for bathrooms, bedrooms and other small or inadequately ventilated rooms. Bear in mind that it is illegal to use an unflued gas heater in these areas.
What’s a Gas Bayonet Fitting? How to Connect & Disconnect It?
In Australia, trendy and popular style of gas heaters is portable gas bayonet heaters. With the assistance of gas bayonet fitting, portable gas heaters get connected to your home’s gas supply. Typically, the connectors comprise of male and female fittings. Let’s look at how do these work?
With the aid of a gas bayonet fitting, a gas appliance, typically a heater is connected to a permanent wall or floor gas supply pipe fitting. Towards the end of the heater hose, the male fitting is fixed whereas the female fitting is fixed to the gas supply line and fastened to the wall or floor.
You can connect a gas bayonet by pushing in and turning clockwise to lock it in place. Push in slightly, rotate anti-clockwise then pull out the male fitting to disconnect.
What should you do if you smell gas?
In case, you identify a constant leak, right away disconnect the bayonet instantly and check for damage or dirt including the O-ring inside the female connector. Even after disconnection, in the extremely unlikely event if the female fitting is still leaking, you need to switch off the gas at the source. Always call a certified gas fitter in any situation wherein you have an ongoing problem. Never ever permit any uncertified person to perform gas repairs and also never try to do your own gas repairs yourself.
If you want a qualified plumber in Bexley for gas heating services, right away call a experienced and licensed plumber from Service Today.
Don’t forget to read our post on Pros & Cons of Gas VS Electric Heaters and The Hidden Harm of Heaters